Tuesday, February 3, 2009

The beginning of THE FORCE

Last night I was feeling a little down so I went to hang out with my friend, Lisa Helps. This economic downturn hits a fear button in me and I was feeling a little freaked. Lisa reminded me cheerfully that more millionaires were created than destroyed during the Great Depression of the 1930's. "Not everything was depressed," she said. "there was also an amazing creative energy." Lisa's an activist and historian, so she sees how the pendulum swings.
I guess that's how nature works -- there are all these forces at play in the universe. When something is destroyed, something else is created.
I hope she's right...my partner just lost his job and he was the bread winner while I stay home with our baby. It's so tempting to flap around and feel desperate, but then what force am I submitting to and then what am I creating?
So, I'm jumping at Maia G's idea to raise money for non-profits near and dear to us as a way of staying up during down times.
I also have a feeling given our creative, slightly manic brains, that this will not be your ordinary run of the mill fundraising campaign...
Stay tuned and mark Feburary 20 down in your calendar (we'll fill you in on details soon)
Love,
Maia G

No comments:

Post a Comment